Berlin, 18 June 2020
Liebe Freund_innen und Wegbegleiter_innen,
dear friends and fellows,
I gonna write in both languages, today, for the matter of justice (I couldn't decide, which one's first), and the comprehension of each other (I know: many of you try to understand the other one).
Die wichtigsten Infos heute zweisprachig: ich könnte nicht entscheiden, was ich mehr mag oder besser kann.
Ihr alle wisst: ich arbeite seit ca. 2 Jahren an einem Projekt, dass zum Ziel hat, demokratisches Regieren durch Daten-Analyse und Plattform-Technologien zu unterstützen.
You know, I've been working on the development of a Smart Governance System supporting democratic governance for about two years, now.
This includes/ Die Vision von 'Smart Democratic Governance' beinhaltet:
I. data-analysis to identify political problems and solutions [an interface optimized for identifying societal bugs, and potential solutions];1
- DE: Datenanalyse zur Identifizierung von politischen Problemen und Lösungen.
II: Platform technology to debate and vote about which problems to solve in what kind of sequence/ order and strategy (policy);2
- in DE: Plattform-Technologien zur Debatte und Entscheidung über zu lösende Problemen und Lösungsstrategien.
III: Platform technology to inform stakeholder assigned to realize political solutions comprehensively, and in-time;3
- in DE: Plattform-Technologien zur besseren Information der Stakeholder, die Probleme lösen sollen.
IV: Platform technology to effectively coordinate political solutions and infos globally;4
- in DE: Plattform-Technologien zur besseren internationalen Koordinierung politischer Lösungsstrategien.
V: Platform technology to assess political progress to re-design policies if necessary;5
- in DE: Plattform-Technologien zur Evaluation politischen Fortschritts (um die Lösungsstrategien ggf. anpassen zu können).
VI: The use of platform technologies for regulation and socio-ecological transformation;6
- in DE: die Nutzung von Plattform-Technologien zum Zwecke der Regulierung und Steuerung eines sozio-ökologischen Wandels (anstelle der Zerschlagung usw.).
Now, I can report progress | Jetzt gibt es wichtige Neuigkeiten:
1. Ich habe Entwickler_innen gefunden, die sich freuen würden, das Projekt zu realisieren (okay, sie fangen schon an, Details asap);
- EN: I found developers happy to realize that thing (already beginning, details asap).
2. Ich habe eine Möglichkeit gefunden, das Projekt ohne Patente als Prior Art unter dem Titel "Smart Democratic Governance" abzusichern und die Vision als Kurzgeschichte mit dem Titel "Flatten The Curves" auszudrücken;
- EN: I found an option to publish and protect the project as Prior Art describing a potential work-flow for "Smart Democratic Governance" (EN) and to illustrate it as a short story titled "Flatten The Curves" (DE);
3. Ich freue mich, nun den nächsten Schritten entgegen zu sehen: Crowdfunding (verspätet aufgrund von Problemen mit Bounty Source, Info folgt), Vereinsgründung, und die Entwicklung (wir schreiben die Arbeitszeit zunächst auf Bierdeckel, started/ specific honors are to be highlighted soon and asap :-)).
- EN: I am happy to approach the next tasks: crowdfunding (delayed to du unexpected problems with the platform 'Bounty Source', more info to come asap), founding of the association, and the tech development (already started).
Hence, I' be lucky for any support, answering happily any questions.
Fragt mich ein Loch in den Bauch, wenn Ihr wollt, aber guckt es Euch bitte genau an, Ich brauche Eure Unterstützung: email@example.com
Tnx 1423k, Danke und ganz liebe Wünsche!
footnotes (text above)
1Initial to the idea of using data-analysisin politics was the consideration: What was the value of hate speech, if it was not targeted individually, but aggregated and combined with data characterizing economic or ecologic development, and analyzed with regard to national, regional, or cultural differences? What was the potential of this kind of human expression to understand human suffering, and potential sources (links, correlations) to reduce it? The challenge of how to get the idea more precise will be tackled by part 2.2.
2If one developed a kind of democratic government platform able to identify social problems, it would probably score many hits, right now. Therefore, and in respect of human decision in general, one needed a platform able to facilitate a discourse and voting on which problems to solve first, and how.
3If a community decided about a problem to solve and a specific strategy, it would probably assign responsibility to specific people to realize the endeavor (whether in existing systems with MdBs etc. or novel ones). These people need better information than studies, reports, or notes that are usually out-dated when presented, rarely assimilated due to their mode of presentation (papers, many), and seldomly archived in a way that offers the knowledge when its relevant (status-quo). Instead, they should be provided with an information platform presenting the most relevant information from various disciplines in an accessible, flexible manner; opposite to Google’s echo chambers.
4Despite of the revolutionary development of worldwide information and communication networks, economies, and platforms (van Dijk 2006: The Network Society), and the immense attention and efforts related to the development of international relations and global governance (Wikipedia.org 2020: International Relations), the international community did not develop an effective governance system to solve common problems. Despite of uncountable numbers of international actors, conferences, and agreements, rare progress has been made when it comes to climate issues, war, or poverty. Even worse, the international community does not command any communication infrastructure offering exchange and coordination securely and safely in cases of emergencies; in cases noone can fly. Social media platforms support everything but multilingual exchange. That needs to be changed.
5The idea is to assess political progress mixed-methods-based with scoring and ranking technologies; not to put pressure on stakeholder but to enable reaction, if necessary.
6For an example of the concept, please consider the idea of an ECO-Score introduced in 1b. Further examples will be explored and presented in the development of the project. Varieties in platform societies will be a priority of the society realizing the project (for the press), with concrete examples and guidelines. The focus on socio-ecological transformation does relate to a multi-faceted discourse on how to create a sustainable, sufficient economy.
Berlin, November 2019
it's quite late. more info about me aka @phaenomen (Twitter, Soundcloud), or rather Julia Krueger (website not updated any more), are about to follow as soon as possible (incl. information on data collection, transfer, processing, storage + security as provided by the General Data Protection Regulation (under EU laws) - just waiting for the info of providers. i personally do not track anything related to your personal data or communication habits).
there are more important things to talk about:
- how right-wing politics threaten to lead the development of ai-technologies astray (german, 21 sept 2019, dresden)
- how to digitize democratic governance for good (getting started with part one, looking for people + cash)
- how to convince elon musk to invest in technologies and governance contributing to the survival of all people before escaping from the most coloured and beautiful place to be, 1st attempt
there is more to come soon.
- some old drafts
- some ai backgrounds: Krueger/ Lischka (2018): Machines in the service of humankind (EN) or: Damit Maschinen den Menschen dienen (DE)
- other netzpolitik-articles
- former talks + interviews (selection)
- former attempts to structure info about netzpolitik at online platforms: wiki internet_policy_in_comparison (smart_science_for_smart_citizens @ imzy was unfortunately shot down, with the complete platform, at once. no backup or data retrieval - although formally requested - bad luck)
most important: in case of any questions or requests (or the protokolls of trump + king jon un talking about atomar weapons), please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org. other media channels are not checked or updated regularly, for the moment (work overload).
with a friendly 'fight for your digital rights!'
ps: the name of the author emerged with her first understanding and explanation of netzpolitik (digital rights politics in DE) = first phd attempt = identity.